As a Data Engineering Intern, you will work directly with the AI team on a variety of projects. The team is comprised of engineers and data scientists who are researching and developing AI and machine learning models in the domains of image, video, audio, and time-series data. Their mission is to drastically increase the impact of modeling on product and system design.
This is a paid internship, 3 – 4 days per week. This position is based in the Hiroo office.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Incubit, we empower people with passion to change the world.
- You will be in charge of data curation for various machine learning projects
- You will manage and monitor the work of external data annotators
- Your preparation efforts will require that you design and employ tools and techniques for data curation: cleaning, formatting, reduction, classification, storage, and others as needed as the research project progresses
- You will communicate with the AI team on a daily basis, provide updates, and manage feedback
- You will help the AI team to research and develop machine learning models
- Locating reliable and robust sources of data from a variety of sources
- Normalizing disparate data sources to the same format
- Developing a standard method to store formatted data and all relevant metadata
- Ensuring that we meet data privacy requirements
Your key success factors
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the following:
- A scripting language (Python, MATLAB, Ruby)
- Common data formats (CSV, JSON, YAML)
- Cloud-based storage (AWS S3)
- Strong communications skill in English, both oral and written. Business Japanese language skills are a plus.
- Work with an international team with cutting-edge AI projects
- Gain experience with all parts of a machine learning project
Please note that this opening is for local candidates only